Spring Updates for Your Kitchen
We may still be in the middle of winter, but believe it or not, spring is right around the corner. Now is the time to plan the kitchen update you have been thinking about for years. You can revitalize your countertop and cabinets without going into debt. Before you renovate your kitchen, check out these remodeling tips.
Cabinets make or break any kitchen. Not only do they provide valuable storage for all of your kitchen essentials, they usually take up the most wall space. Old, dingy or outdated cabinets will ruin the appearance and functionality of your kitchen. Luckily, you can update your cabinets in a hurry.
- A bit of paint is the simplest way to update the look of quality cabinets. If your kitchen has dark, stained wood, sanding and repainting a lighter color will make your kitchen feel much more open.
- Replace the hardware on your existing cabinets for a quick fix will have a huge impact. Find door and drawer pulls which reflect your personality for a custom look. This update costs only a few dollars and takes an hour or two.
- Reface your worn-out cabinets for a brand new look. It is amazing that by just switching your cabinets' door and drawer fronts you can create the impression of a brand new kitchen.
- Perhaps the time has come to rip out your old cabinets and replace them with new ones. While this is the most expensive option, you are able to get exactly what you want. Before spending the big bucks for custom cabinets, look at off-the-shelf solutions already available.
- Install slide-out racks to utilize all of your existing space.
Over time counters get chipped, cracked, stained and otherwise damaged. Installing a brand new countertop is expensive, but there are other options if a complete replacement is not in your budget.
- Repaint the surface of your counter. You can freshen up your kitchen by repainting wood and laminate surfaces.
- Cover your existing countertops with a new material. Whether you wrap your current counters with stainless steel, install tiles, apply skim concrete or a countertop film, you can inexpensively update your countertops for a fraction of the cost of replacing them.
- While expensive, nothing looks as great as a new countertop. Although quartz and granite counters are pricey, there are many more budget-friendly alternatives which still look great.
- There never seems to be enough work surfaces in a busy kitchen. Consider adding pull-out or flip-up counter extenders to increase the amount of usable flat surfaces you have.
Don't let another year go by without updating your kitchen. Kitchen Tune-Up in Columbus, GA offers affordable remodeling options to fit your budget. Whether you want a complete renovation or just want to increase the functionality of your kitchen, Kitchen Tune-Up can help. Call 706-663-2000 for a free in-home estimate.